People of any age can benefit from osteopathy, from new born babies and pregnant women to pensioners. Below is a list of conditions that according to the Committee of Advertising Practice (CAP) osteopaths are able to treat, this means research has been shown to provide benefit. If the condition you have is not present then please contact the practice to speak to an osteopath and they will be able to give you more information.
- general aches and pains
- joint pain
- arthritic pain
- acute and chronic back pain
- uncomplicated mechanical neck pain
- headache arising from the neck/migraine prevention
- frozen shoulder/shoulder and elbow pain/tennis elbow
- circulatory problems
- digestive problems
- muscle spasms
- inability to relax
- rheumatic pain
- minor sports injuries and tensions
Osteopaths are also trained to recognise what they are unable to treat and to suggest alternative practitioners or referral for further tests.